



Every team needs a jersey right? I wanted to reiterate the ideas behind the t-shirt. We have felt a push to be more proactive with missionary work and I have personally felt prompted that we can really reach out more to the community. To make a really long story short, the t-shirt can be an instrument in accomplishing these two purposes. Just as missionaries wear a badge to identify who they are and whom they represent, we too can wear our "badge" in the community to identify who we are and whom we represent. When we plant trees, visit old folks home, or wherever we go, we can wear these shirts to show people who we are. These shirts are in no way meant to bring recognition in a prideful way. "Oh look at us. We're so great!" That's not the purpose, just as a missionary's badge doesn't have that purpose. The purpose is to identify and inform. It may just spark a conversation or a question, and if it does, I hope that we could take the chance to share what we're about. A second purpose of the t-shirt is to remind us of the message we heard from the RS presidency in October. Perhaps the more we're reminded of the message, the more inspired we will be to become strong and immovable. I know I need a lot of reminding. Third, we're all in this together. Relief Society is a sisterhood, a "team", so why not have a jersey huh? Sounds good to me. To be clear, the t-shirt can be worn whenever you want, but is great for service purposes. Also, it has the name of the church on the front and more specifically the Savior. I know that we'll remember whom we represent when we put it on. I'm excited to see the results. Please share experiences if you have any.
Also, if you did not get a t-shirt, let me know. We don't currently have any left, but intend to get some more after the New Year.
I'm sorry if they don't fit quite right. We weren't quite sure of the cut of the t-shirt and what a "medium" really looked like.
No comments:
Post a Comment